Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The UCSD Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) invites applications for multiple tenure-track faculty positions at the Assistant Professor rank. The department is looking for exceptional candidates in all areas of Computer Science and Engineering.
We are looking for applicants with outstanding research credentials. Successful applicants are expected to lead a vigorous research program and will be required to teach university students. We are particularly seeking faculty passionate about working with graduate students and training the next generation of researchers. A Ph.D. or advancement to candidacy in Computer Science & Engineering or related disciplines is required at the time of application. Salary and rank will be commensurate with qualifications in conformance with University of California policies.
The CSE Department is committed to building an excellent, diverse, and inclusive faculty, staff and student body. In addition to the highest standards of scholarship, teaching, and professional activity, the preferred candidates for any position will have potential or demonstrated contributions to a climate that supports equity, inclusion, and diversity.
CSE is home to over 50 faculty and 500 graduate students who span a range of research areas in computer science, computer engineering and bioinformatics. In addition, the department works closely with the Center for Networked Systems (CNS), the California Institute for Telecommunica-tions and Information Technology (CalIT2), the San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC), and the Center for Wireless Communications (CWC), which provide unique opportunities and resources. More information can be found at http://www.cse.ucsd.edu.
We encourage candidates to send applications as soon as possible. Applications received by January 15, 2019 will be given full consideration. However, positions remain open until filled.
To apply, submit the materials described below at the website:
Please submit a:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vita
- Research and teaching statements
- Contact information for 3 to 5 references to provide letters (the names/addresses, including email address)
- A separate statement describing your past efforts and future plans to promote diversity and inclusion. See https://facultydiversity.ucsd.edu/recruitment/contributions-to-diversity.html for more information. Examples of contributions to diversity include, but are not limited to, developing strategies for the educational or professional advancement of students from underrepresented groups; efforts to advance equitable access and diversity in education; and activities such as recruitment, retention, and mentoring or advising of underrepresented students or new faculty. For additional information regarding contributions to diversity and how they are weighted by the hiring committee, please visit http://soeadm.ucsd.edu/ppi/academic_personnel/diversity/docs/C2D_Expectations.pdf
For applicants with interest in spousal/partner employment, please see https://aps.ucsd.edu/services/pop/index.html for the UCSD Partner Opportunities Program.
UCSD is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. Women and minority applicants, veterans and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply (see http://diversity.ucsd.edu).
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See Faculty Equity and http://soeadm.ucsd.edu/ppi/academic_personnel/diversity/docs/C2D_Expectations.pdf”
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-8 letters of reference required
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information