Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Structural Engineering at UC San Diego is seeking one or more temporary lecturers to teach between one and three courses per quarter during the 2018/2019 academic year. We seek applicants in all content areas and are particularly interested in applicants with the expertise to teach undergraduate courses in mechanics, analysis, and design. Please see http://structures.ucsd.edu/academics/undergraduate-program/undergraduate-course-offerings and
http://structures.ucsd.edu/academics/graduate-program/graduate-course-descriptions for a complete listing of the courses we offer.
The Jacobs School of Engineering and the Department of Structural Engineering at UC San Diego is committed to building an excellent, diverse and inclusive faculty, staff, and student body (http://www.jacobsschool.ucsd.edu/diversity/). Candidates with experience with or willingness to engage in activities that contribute to diversity and inclusion are especially encouraged to apply. Candidates must hold a master’s or Ph.D. degree in Civil, Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural Engineering, or a related field, and must have demonstrated evidence of effective teaching.
We encourage candidates to send applications as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and candidates will be contacted as teaching needs arise. We expect to have ongoing needs throughout academic year 2018/2019.
Review of applications will begin August 31, 2018 and continue until positions are filled. To apply, submit the following materials:
• A cover letter stating the term(s), course(s) and number of courses you are applying to teach.
• Curriculum vitae.
• A statement that describes prior teaching experience, provides evidence of effective teaching, and makes clear which courses the applicant is qualified to teach. Providing student evaluations in this statement or as a separate submission is strongly encouraged.
• A separate statement describing any teaching strategies you currently use or plan to use to foster a diverse and inclusive learning experience, and to enable all students to excel and fully participate in the learning process.
• A list of at least 2 references who can speak about the applicant's teaching experience and/or content knowledge.
UCSD is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff (see http://diversity.ucsd.edu).
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - “Please describe any teaching strategies you currently use or plan to use to foster a diverse and inclusive learning experience, and to enable all students to excel and fully participate in the learning process.”
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 2-4 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information