Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
UC San Diego's Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs (VCSA) office is committed to delivering services that promote the holistic development of the college student – intellectually, personally, and socially. All of the programs and services delivered from the Student Retention and Success (SRS) unit within the VCSA foster success and persistence through academic, professional, and personal skill development within a community of support. This mission is in direct alignment with the Department of Education Studies’ (http://eds.ucsd.edu/) commitment to creating, supporting, and sustaining equitable learning environments for all students, especially those from diverse and underserved communities.
We are seeking applicants for a Lecturer position in Higher Education Administration for the 2018-2019 academic year. Appointments will be full-time, part-time, annual, or quarterly, with the possibility of renewal on performance and funding availability.
Qualifications: Qualified candidates will possess a Doctorate in Higher Education Administration or a related field, will have at least one semester of teaching or co-teaching in higher education, student affairs, or another related field and will be able to demonstrate excellence in teaching. Preference will be given to candidates with experiences in one or more of the following: 1) designing and implementing inclusive practices that promote diversity within a student affairs unit (e.g., multicultural centers, residential life, career services, academic transition programs, student activities, etc.); 2) counseling first-generation, low-income, and/or underrepresented students; 3) coordinating or working with summer programs geared towards diverse populations; 4) developing international experiences and/or study abroad opportunities. Strong demonstrated accomplishments or potential in areas contributing to equity, diversity, and inclusion and a desire to play a role in advancing UC San Diego’s commitment to achieving excellence and diversity.
Salary: Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications, based on UC Pay scales.
To apply: We are only accepting applications electronically. To apply, please access RECRUIT, our electronic system at https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF01750.
- Cover letter – Please explicitly state your training and teaching experience
- Curriculum Vitae – Your most recently updated CV
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy (1-2 pages) - Please describe any teaching strategies you currently use or plan to use to foster a diverse and inclusive learning experience, and to enable all students to excel and fully participate in the learning process.
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity (1-2 pages). A separate statement describing past experience in activities that promotes diversity and inclusion and/or plans to make future contributions. For further information about contributions to diversity statements, see http://facultydiversity.ucsd.edu/recruitment/contributions-to-diversity.html
- Names and contact information for three references
UCSD is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Cover Letter - Please explicitly state your training and teaching experience
Statement of Teaching (1-2 pages) - Please describe any teaching strategies you currently use or plan to use to foster a diverse and inclusive learning experience, and to enable all students to excel and fully participate in the learning process.
Statement of Contributions to diversity (1-2 pages) - Please describe any teaching strategies you currently use or plan to use to foster a diverse and inclusive learning experience, and to enable all students to excel and fully participate in the learning process”
- 3-4 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information