Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
ANALYTICAL WRITING PROGRAM, University of California, San Diego
The Division of Arts & Humanities at UC San Diego is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body.
We are seeking applicants for lecturer positions in the Analytical Writing Program (awp.ucsd.edu) for the 2018-2019 academic year. Appointments will be full-time, part-time, annual, or quarterly, with the possibility of renewal contingent on performance and funding availability. Positions available beginning Fall 2018.
Qualified candidates will possess an MA or PhD in composition or a related field, will have at least two years of experience teaching writing, and will be able to demonstrate excellence in teaching. Preference will be given to candidates with basic writing and/or ESL experience. Strong demonstrated accomplishments or potential in areas contributing to equity, diversity, and inclusion, and a desire to play a role in advancing UC San Diego’s commitment to achieving excellence and diversity.
Proof of eligibility for U.S. employment will be required prior to employment (Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986).
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience and based on published UC pay scales.
We are only accepting applications electronically. To apply, please access RECRUIT, our electronic system at https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF01667
(1) Cover Letter explicitly stating your training and teaching experience. Please also indicate whether you would prefer part-time or full-time work.
(2) Your most recently updated CV.
(3) Statement of Teaching Philosophy.
(4) Teaching Evaluations.
(5) Statement of Contributions to Diversity. A separate statement describing past experience in activities that promotes diversity and inclusion and/or plans to make future contributions. For further information about contributions to diversity statements, see http://facultyexcellence.ucsd.edu/c2d/index.html.
(6) One to three letters of recommendation (one letter required; two additional letters optional).
AA-EOE: The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Cover Letter - Please explicitly state your training and teaching experience. Please also indicate whether you would prefer full-time or part-time work.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Teaching Philosophy
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our Faculty Equity site for more information.
- 1-3 letters of reference required
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information