Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The UCSD Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) is seeking one or more temporary lecturers to teach between one and three courses per quarter during the 2018/19 academic year. The initial appointment may be for a period of up to two (2) academic years. We seek applicants in all content areas, most particularly those with expertise to teach undergraduate courses in computer architecture and hardware, artificial intelligence and graphics, and basic programming and data structures. Please see http://ucsd.edu/catalog/courses/CSE.html for a complete listing of the courses we offer.
The Jacobs School of Engineering and the Computer Science & Engineering Department at UC San Diego is committed to building an excellent, diverse and inclusive faculty, staff, and student body (http://www.jacobsschool.ucsd.edu/diversity/). Candidates with experience with activities that contribute to diversity and inclusion are especially encouraged to apply. Candidates must hold a master's degree in computer science or a related field, and must have demonstrated evidence of effective teaching. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and based on University of California pay scales
We encourage candidates to send applications as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and candidates will be contacted as teaching needs arise. We expect to have ongoing needs throughout academic year 2018/19. Review of applications will begin January 22, 2018 and continue until positions are filled.
To apply, submit the following materials to https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF01648
- A cover letter which must include the term(s), course(s) and number of courses you are applying to teach. In this letter you must make it clear which type of position you would prefer (e.g. full time/part time, how many/which terms), and which type(s) of positions you would be willing to consider.
- Curriculum Vita
- A statement that describes prior teaching experience, provides evidence of effective teaching, and makes clear which courses the application is qualified to teach. Providing student evaluations in this statement, or as a separate submission is strongly encouraged.
- A separate statement that describes any teaching strategies you currently use or plan to use to foster a diverse and inclusive learning experience, and to enable all students to excel and fully participate in the learning process.
- A list of at least 3 references who can speak about the applicant's teaching experience and/or content knowledge.
If there are any questions, please contact our Search Committee Chair, Mia Minnes at email@example.com.
UCSD is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. (see http://diversity.ucsd.edu).
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Research (Optional)
Statement of Contributions to diversity - Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our Faculty Equity site for more information.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 references required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information