THE DEPARTMENT OF THEATRE AND DANCE at UC SAN DIEGO (http://theatre.ucsd.edu) seeks an experienced professional to teach stage management beginning July 1, 2018. The academic title for this position will be Assistant Teaching Professor (also termed Lecturer with Potential Security of Employment). This faculty series, which is unique to the University of California system, carries full membership in the academic senate with rights and responsibilities and is a security of employment-track position. The successful candidate will be expected to provide active mentoring to graduate and undergraduate students during all phases of production, and the ability to teach a wide range of classes, ranging from the fundamentals of stage management to advanced topics.
- A member of the Actors’ Equity Association (AEA);
- A minimum of five years of professional stage management experience;
- A diverse stage management background that consists of Broadway, LORT,
Off-Broadway, and touring.
- MFA in Stage Management;
- Previous experience in higher education;
- The ideal candidate will have strong demonstrated accomplishments or plans in areas contributing to diversity, equity and inclusion, and a desire to play a leadership role in advancing UC San Diego’s commitment to achieving excellence and diversity.
In order to advance in the Teaching Professor series, the candidate must demonstrate truly exceptional teaching, professional achievement and activity, university service, and educational leadership beyond the campus.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications based on University of California pay scales.
Review of applications will commence on November 8, 2017.
Applications must be submitted to the UCSD on-line system, Recruit, at: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF01519 and provide
the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Diversity Contribution (See http://facultydiversity.ucsd.edu/c2d/index.html)
- Three Letters of References
UC San Diego is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff.
Statement of Teaching Philosphy
Statement of Diversity Contribution - Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our Faculty Equity site for more information. http://facultydiversity.ucsd.edu/
Three Letters of Reference