Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Department of Radiology at UC San Diego (http://radiology.ucsd.edu) is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body. Translational Radiology Research at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) is seeking a part-time Project Scientist.
The responsibilities of this position include:
• Developing and implementing novel MR pulse sequences for non-contrast MRA, MSK, and neuro projects;
• Developing reconstruction algorithm, post-processing, and data analysis;
• Assisting investigators with experimental design and data analysis;
• Ability to convert or translate clinical trends and needs to develop future research strategy in MR fields;
• Providing technical training and support including MR physics and data analysis;
• Programming on Toshiba scanner.
Candidates must have:
• Ph.D. in biomedical engineering, physics, or a related field; and
• Extensive knowledge of MR-related hardware, software and analysis techniques; and
• A strong publication record in MRI, ideally non-contract MRA including ASL techniques and MSK including CEST and real-time techniques.
The preferred candidate will have:
• Experience in Toshiba RSDE programming;
• Effective communication skills to collaborate with other clinical teams; and
• Experience developing non-contrast MRA, CEST, and real-time sequences on Toshiba scanners.
Appointment will be at the Assistant, Associate, or Full Project Scientist level. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and is based on University of California pay scales.
Applications must be submitted through the University of California San Diego’s Academic Personnel RECRUIT system at: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF01515.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Contributions to diversity - Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our Faculty Equity site for more information.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents