The Department of Pathology (http://pathology.ucsd.edu) at the University of California San Diego is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body. We seek exceptional scientists with neurodegeneration research programs for a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Professor level. The neurodegenerative disease research community at UC San Diego is highly collaborative.
Candidates must have an M.D. and/or Ph.D. degree, a demonstrated track record of scholarly achievement and research excellence, and an interest in further contributing to the exceptional programs in neurosciences at UCSD through collaboration. Candidates should have an innovative research focus in neurodegeneration. Candidates are also expected to teach as well as perform research training and university service. Qualified candidates will be expected to develop and sustain outstanding extramurally funded research programs. Considerable opportunity exists for collaboration within our robust clinical enterprise and with the UCSD Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center.
Applicants must submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter - The cover letter should contain a brief summary of the proposal, written for a general science audience, highlighting why the research is important and interesting and the applicant’s unique qualifications to pursue this project.
• Curriculum Vitae
• Statement of Research - Statement of current and proposed research is required (not to exceed two pages total).
• Statement of Contributions to diversity - Applicants should submit a separate statement summarizing their past or potential contributions to diversity. (See http://facultyequity.ucsd.edu/Faculty-Applicant-C2D-Info.asp for further information about contributions to diversity statements).
• 3 letters of recommendation
Appointment will be at the Assistant Professor level. Series will include 100% ladder Rank or 50% Ladder Rank and 50% In-Residence with secured extramural funding. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and based on University of California pay scales.
Review of applications will begin on June 20, 2017, and applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
Applications must be submitted through the University of California San Diego’s Academic Personnel RECRUIT system at: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF01389.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veterans status.
Cover Letter - The cover letter should contain a brief summary of the proposal, written for a general science audience, highlighting why the research is important and interesting and the applicant’s unique qualifications to pursue this project.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Research - Statement of current and proposed research is required (not to exceed two pages total).
Statement of Contributions to diversity - Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our Faculty Equity site for more information.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 letters of reference required