The Urban Studies and Planning Program (http://usp.ucsd.edu) within the Division of Social Sciences at the University of California, San Diego is seeking to make an appointment at the Lecturer Academic Year (Unit 18-Non-Senate Faculty) level. A Master’s degree or PhD is required and evidence of strong teaching experience. Responsibilities entail the effective instruction of students; teaching classes in accordance with course objectives and published schedules; advising students on academic matters and; maintaining an active interest in the advances/current thinking in her/his subject area. The Urban Studies and Planning Program at the University of California, San Diego is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body. Given that commitment, the program is interested in recruiting candidates who are committed to the highest standards of scholarship and professional activity and will make a strong and meaningful contribution to the development of a campus climate that supports equality and diversity.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and based on University of California pay scales.
Submit Applications & Materials On Line: UCSD AP-On-Line-Recruit https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF01063
Application Close Date: Friday April 15, 2016
- Proof of Advanced Degree ( Master's or Ph.D)(Certificate or Transcript)
- Teaching Evals(Within last 2 year period an/or most current)
- Cover Letter (Indicating courses being applied for and teaching experience relevant to course topic).
- CV (Short version highlighting relevant university teaching experience)
- Three (3) References (Names and Contact Information)
- Statement on contributions to diversity: Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. For more information: http://facultyexcellence.ucsd.edu/c2d/index.html
Qualification: Master's or Ph.D. is required
AA-EOE: The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Proof of Advanced Degree - (Master's or Ph.D.) (Certificate or Transcript)
Teaching Evaluations - Within last 2 year period and/or most current.
Cover Letter - Indicating courses being applied for and teaching experience relevant to course topic.
Curriculum Vitae - Short Version highlighting relevant university teaching experience.
Three (3) References - (Names and Contact Information)
Statement of Contributions to diversity - Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our Faculty Equity site for more information.
- 3 references required (contact information only)