The UC San Diego Library is seeking a highly motivated librarian to serve as the collection coordinator for biological, health and marine science disciplines, including serving as liaison to the Division of Biological Sciences and providing general and specialized reference services to library patrons. The position reports to the Lead Collection Coordinator and will:
• Coordinate and supervise the collections activities of marine and health science subject librarians and monitor acquisitions budgets for the health and marine science disciplines.
• Represent the UC San Diego Library on discipline-appropriate UC consortial projects, including subscription renewals, new titles, cancellations, and campus votes on UC-wide journal and ebook packages.
• Select materials in all formats, manage collections through storage and weeding, and monitor budgets and approval plans for biology and other assigned subject areas.
• Actively engage with faculty and students in the Biological Sciences through teaching and course-integrated instruction and workshops, contributing to reference and research assistance, maintaining online subject guides and information, and providing other library services as appropriate to best meet current user needs.
• Effectively communicate academic research and teaching needs and priorities in the Biological Sciences back to the Library.
• Serve as the primary biology specialist for research assistance, as well as provide general reference services both in person and virtually.
• Conduct training and facilitate communications about biology resources to other reference providers.
- Cover Letter
- Diversity Statement
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information