Open date: April 13th, 2021
Last review date: Monday, Jul 12, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Final date: Tuesday, Apr 12, 2022 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time)
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Our group focuses on developing new imaging technologies to improve the diagnosis and management of cardiovascular disease, infection, and cancer. We are looking for a talented postdoctoral scholar with a strong technical background interested in broadening their skill set and build new applications in medical imaging.
The Translational AI post-doctoral fellow will develop new technologies for application of deep neural networks to imaging diagnosis. The fellow will join a team of faculty and trainees to build applications and generate supporting data that will shape current and future clinical practice.
Work will include collaborations with faculty and trainees from multiple
departments at UC San Diego, including Radiology, Bioengineering, Bioinformatics, Data Science and Medicine.
Candidates must have:
● An M.D. or Ph.D. or equivalent degree in Medical Physics, Imaging Sciences, Bioengineering, Computer Science or related field.
● Experience using convolutional neural networks or imaging reconstruction in CT or MRI.
● Experience with data analysis, modeling, and signal processing.
● Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills; ability to plan, prioritize and keep one or more projects moving forward.
● A track record of documented productivity and should be comfortable working both independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team environment.
UC San Diego is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to excellence through diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Personal Statement - Your personal statement must describe your experience and interest
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our Faculty Equity site for more information.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)