Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The Office of Innovation and Commercialization (OIC) (https://innovation.ucsd.edu/) at the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) has opportunities for temporary, non-tenure track lecturers (Unit 18) in our Entrepreneur Certificate Program and/or other public/educational programs affiliated with the OIC. These courses are undergraduate and graduate-level in the areas of entrepreneurship. The initial appointment may be for a period of up to two (2) academic years.
Required Qualifications: Master’s degree or its equivalent or a higher degree in fields related to business, technology, engineering or life sciences and must have demonstrated evidence of effective teaching. Industry experience may be substituted for the degree requirement. Appointment level is dependent on academic experience, industry experience, funding and entrepreneurial record.
Preferred Qualifications: Postdoctoral or equivalent experience and commitment to mentoring/training, university and community service, and to building an equitable and diverse scholarly environment.
Review of applications will begin January 29, 2020 and continue until position/s are filled. Applications must be submitted to the UCSD on-line application collection system, AP-On-Line Recruit, at: To apply, submit the following materials to https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF02361 .
- A cover letter which indicates the course(s), and or the program(s) for which you wish to be considered,
- Curriculum vita,
- Statement that provides evidence of effective teaching,
- A list of at least 3 references who can speak to your teaching experience and/or content knowledge.
- Contributions to Diversity Description - One of UC San Diego's Strategic Goals is to cultivate a diverse and inclusive University community that encourages respectful open dialogue, and challenges itself to take bold actions that will ensure learning is accessible and affordable for all. Please describe any teaching strategies you currently use or plan to use to foster a diverse and inclusive learning experience, and to enable all students to excel and fully participate in the learning process.
We encourage candidates to submit applications as soon as possible. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, and candidates may be contacted as teaching needs arise throughout the academic year. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and based on published University of California pay scales.
UCSD is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Teaching
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Please describe any teaching strategies you currently use or plan to use to foster a diverse and inclusive learning experience, and to enable all students to excel and fully participate in the learning process. See our Faculty Equity site for more information.
Statement of Research (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)