Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
Faculty Position in the Division of Rheumatology, Allergy & Immunology: The Department of Medicine (http://med.ucsd.edu) at the University of California, San Diego is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body and is actively recruiting full-time Rheumatology or Allergy & Immunology faculty.
The successful candidates will be expected to:
1) demonstrate scholarly activity,
2) maintain professional competence by attending in weekly outpatient adult clinics and participating in the inpatient/outpatient consult services (MD only),
3) maintain external funding and high productivity of publication in the peer-reviewed literature (non-clinical only),
4) demonstrate excellence in the teaching of medical and graduate students,
5) provide service to the University and academic community at a level commensurate with his/her career stage, and
6) contribute to the maintenance of a collegial and collaborative academic environment.
Candidates must have a PhD or an MD. Candidates with an MD must be board BE/BC in Rheumatology or Allergy & Immunology and must be eligible for a California medical license.
The appropriate series and appointment at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level will be based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
A link to full descriptions of each series is provided for your review:
HS Clinical Professor - see: http://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-278.pdf
Clinical X Professor - see: http://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-275.pdf
Adjunct Professor – see: http://ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-280.pdf
In-Residence Professor - see: http://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-270.pdf
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and based on the University of California pay scales. Appointments may require candidates to be self-funded.
Applications must be submitted through the University of California San Diego's Academic Personnel RECRUIT system at: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF02072
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran's status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our Faculty Equity site for more information.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-5 required (contact information only)