Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
The University of California, San Diego, (UCSD) Department of Pediatrics (http://www.pediatrics.ucsd.edu) are committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body. We are inviting applications for tenure track positions at the Associate or Full in the area of basic biology of diabetes and metabolic disease. This is broadly interpreted to include individuals in the fields of cell biology, stem cells, immunology, genetics, or bioengineering, interested in studying disease-relevant mechanisms. Primary academic appointment will be to the Department of Pediatrics within the Pediatric Diabetes Research Center (PDRC). This position will be part of a vibrant community for endocrine and metabolic research.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
1) Build and maintain a high quality, extramurally-funded research program
2) Achieve excellence in the teaching of medical and graduate students
3) Provide service to the University and academic community at a level commensurate with his/her career stage
4) Contribute to the maintenance of a collegial and collaborative academic environment.
Candidates must have a M.D., M.D./Ph.D. or Ph.D degree, California medical license, and be Board Certified/Board Eligible, postdoctoral experience, and a track record of research excellence.
Appointment will be at the Associate or Full Professor Rank based on candidate's experience and qualifications. Series will include 100% Ladder Rank or 50% Ladder Rank / 50% In-Residence with secured extramural funding. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and based on the University of California pay scales.
A link to full descriptions of the Ladder Rank and In-Residence series is provided for your review:
- Ladder Rank Professor - see: http://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-220.pdf
- In-Residence Professor - see: http://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-270.pdf
Applications must be submitted through the University of California San Diego’s Academic Personnel RECRUIT system at: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/apply/JPF02010.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our Faculty Equity site for more information.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)