Applications received after this date will be reviewed by the search committee if the position has not yet been filled.
Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, SAN DIEGO (UCSD), DEPARTMENT OF PEDIATRICS
(https://healthsciences.ucsd.edu/som/pediatrics) is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and student body. The Department is seeking applicants for positions across our varied divisions.
Qualified candidates must possess a doctoral degree (PhD, MD, or MD/PhD) in a relevant field of Pediatrics, and have California medical license/eligibility as appropriate, and board certification/eligibility as appropriate. Have existing research/scholarly activities and experience, and show a demonstrated commitment to diversity.
Preferred candidates will come with substantial, existing and continuing funding. Partial clinical effort is a possibility for some positions; therefore, an MD would be required for positions involving direct patient contact.
Appointment will be at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor ranks. Series will be determined by the successful candidate's skills, qualifications and funding. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and based on University of California pay scales.
A link to full descriptions of each series is provided for your review:
- HS Clinical Professor - see: http://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-278.pdf
- Clinical X Professor - see: http://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-275.pdf
- Adjunct Professor – see: http://ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-280.pdf
- In-Residence Professor - see: http://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/apm/apm-270.pdf
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Applicants should summarize their past or potential contributions to diversity. See our Faculty Equity site for more information.
Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 required (contact information only)
How to apply
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information